Skip to main content

  • Hufflepuff
    Participant
    February 7, 2018 at 8:30 pm

    Hi,

    My name is Kitten. Sometimes my brother is really annoying and I have this huge urge to do something. The other day I really felt like throwing a crisp packet at him. I also sometimes feel that I am to kind to him. I do lots of nice things for him and he gives nothing in return.

    Please reply if you can relate to this or wan’t to talk

    Kitten


    UnicornLottie
    Participant
    June 15, 2018 at 12:09 pm

    Same with both of my disabled siblings. They really scare me sometimes.


    starfus19
    Participant
    August 24, 2018 at 8:48 am

    My sister has down syndrome and autism and she get’s really upset and sometimes hits me, but I have to stay completely calm or I’ll just make it worse. It’s really hard.


    13_Shan_
    Participant
    September 2, 2018 at 8:19 pm

    Hi, my brother has ADHD and hits and punches and gets treats after being naughty and 75 percent of attention and the other 25 percent is on my other brothers – no one ever plays attention to me 😓 You’re not alone 😔


    Rebeccaxox
    Participant
    September 2, 2018 at 8:26 pm

    My brothers have ADHD and I try my best to be nice to them and try to keep up with them but there are some times when I snap at them and I get really annoyed. it is a challenge.


    annabeth_chase
    Participant
    January 31, 2019 at 9:34 pm

    Thanks for replying. These replies made me feel a little better.


    Octopus1
    Participant
    May 1, 2019 at 3:41 pm

    Hi I agree I always go upstairs to get him something but he does NOTHING in return it is really annoying 🥺


    PTC
    Participant
    May 21, 2019 at 11:04 am

    Ita really annoying because he will sing things i hate and does it on purpose, I want to hit him but i didn’t so i go to rip paper or something to stop me. I what to fight back but i can’t. Its really annoying!!!!


    tacogirl123
    Participant
    June 4, 2019 at 5:37 am

    Hi Kitten, I can really relate to you. My sister has severe ADHD and trauma issues. Also she always does stuff to me for no reason like hitting me when she walks past and I really hate it. New to this website and really pleased I’ve already found someone I can relate to! Hope it gets better for you x


    MEC-1234
    Participant
    August 30, 2019 at 2:31 pm

    Hiya MEC-1234 here
    You are COMPLETELY RIGHT
    My brother hits out and sometimes I am a bit late for school he gets 90% of the attention the Other 10% goes on my twin it’s like I am left in the dark and that 0.5% of attention I do get always gets stolen 😭😢


    lvlybe
    Participant
    October 12, 2019 at 10:39 am

    Sometimes being the neurotypical one in my house alongside my 6 year old brother but then having 2 Autistic siblings who struggle differently it can be hard to have attention, I know that my parents try their hardest to equal everyone out but it’s just a thing you get used to when you start not having attention, it hurts when you realise you aren’t getting the same amount as the additional needed ones but then the brighter side is knowing that my brother will also grow up in the same side and I can help him through it all. It’s a positive that we can be independent and I wouldn’t beat yourself up over the fact that you don’t get as much attention its just you are able to do things more freely than they are and live a life they couldn’t without support and the attention. It’s good to be your own person you’ll see that development later in life.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.