Siblings and sleep
Here at YoungSibs, we are working with The Sleep Charity this Sleeptember as we know that being able to sleep well makes you feel more able to cope with things at home and at school. However, siblings tell us that sometimes they don’t sleep well because they share a room with their brother or sister who keeps them awake at night. If you are finding it hard to get a good night’s sleep, ask your parent if you could try
- sleeping in a different room
- using earplugs at night
- going to a relative’s house to have a quiet night’s sleep now and again
- asking if stuff like nappies can be moved out of your room so that you do not have to be disturbed at night
- asking a parent to tell school if you are being disturbed at night so that they can understand what’s going on with you
- If you have to look after your brother or sister at night, asking your parent if they can talk to your GP to ask for help so that other people can do this instead.
Get in touch and tell us what things are like for you!